Last Modified: Thursday, May 23, 2013 6:17 PM
A 41-year-old Lake Charles man has been charged with pornography involving juveniles, state police said.
Sgt. James Anderson said Charles Brent Compton, 583 La. 397, was arrested Wednesday afternoon.
“A search of Compton’s residence resulted in the seizure of a computer and other data devices for examination,” Anderson said Thursday in a news release. “A subsequent forensic analysis revealed that child pornography was present on the computer.”
Bond was set at $100,000.
“If convicted, Compton faces up to a $50,000 fine and from 5 to 25 years in prison without benefit of parole, probation, or
suspension of sentence,” Anderson said.
Three women and two men from Dry Creek were arrested after authorities discovered a meth lab.
Beauregard Parish Sheriff Ricky Moses said all five were arrested at a Dry Creek home on Tuesday.
Those arrested were 21-year-old Joseph Rappold, 20-year-old Lance Sonnier, 19-year-old Brittany Smith, 45-year-old Jamie Sonnier and 31-year-old Natasha Long.
Rappold was charged with operating a clandestine lab and criminal conspiracy while Lance and Jamie Sonnier were charged with operating a clandestine lab and drug possession.
Smith and Long were charged with drug possession.
Bond has not been set for any of the five.
• Chasity Rynalie Tezeno, 32, 2331 Cessford St. — four counts of drug possession. Bond: $200,000.
• Dylan Lincoln Chambers, 19, 2414 Conoco St. — possession of a stolen firearm, possession of a firearm with obliterated number or mark, non-moving violation. Bond: $35,100.
• Lavar Javar Myles, 23, 620 Dixy Drive — three counts of simply burglary, motor vehicle theft, theft $300 to $500, theft under $300, four non-moving violations. Bond: $4,300.
• Christopher Thomas Weldon, 26, 2334 S. Roosevelt St. — drug possession, driving with a suspended license, illegal display of license plates. Bond: $2,750.
• Eldridge James Smith, 17, 4457 Gordon Woods Drive — simple burglary of an inhabited dwelling, theft under $500. Bond: $2,500.
• Christopher Daroun Ledoux, 29, 1928 N. Lincoln St. — domestic abuse battery. Bond: $2,000.
• Courtney Nichole Sells, 23, 124 W. 15th St. — theft under $500, criminal trespass, resisting an office by refusal to show ID. Bond: $2,000.
• Christopher Todd Wimberly, 45, 909 N. Meadow St., No. 86 — drug possession. Bond: $1,000.
• Lola Lynette Coleman, 32, 1906 Winterhalter St., Apt. B — criminal trespass. Bond: $1,000.
• Kennard Preston Falcon, 40, 623 Fall St. — drug possession, driving with a suspended license, non-moving violation.
• Marshall Alan Manuel, 21, 5000 Leon Drive, No. 64 — domestic abuse battery.
The Sulphur Police Department reported the following arrests:
• John Patrick Ray, 51, St. Luke Lane, Sulphur — monetary instrument abuse.
• Devrin Paul Doucette, 51, Ramoin St., Sulphur — stopping in road way, driving while under suspension and DWI.