Last Modified: Friday, May 17, 2013 4:44 PM
A Crime Stoppers call led Lake Charles police to make an arrest for the attempted armed robbery of the Family Dollar Store on 3rd Avenue, officials said.
Blake D. Simien, 18, 8559 Gulf Hwy. Apt. 210, was arrested and charged with attempted armed robbery and attempted armed robbery with a firearm, Deputy Chief Mark Kraus said in a news release.
Police received a tip that Simien was at the Civic Center and arrested him as he attempted to exit the building, Kraus said.
Police said the three approached the store as it was closing but were unable to enter because the door was locked.
Simien is one of three suspected in the robbery. Alexander Amos Schlesinger, 19, 3514 E. Roosevelt St., and Denzel Martin Singleton, 19, 1610 2nd St., were previously arrested.
Simien is being held on $225,000 bond.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Charlie Christopher Laing, 31, 194 Moss St. — theft over $1,500, disturbing the peace. Bond: $18,500.
• Joshua Caleb Davis, 17, 2425 18th St. — simple criminal damage to property $500 to $50,000. Bond: $10,000.
• Terri Lynn Sullivan, 31, 1409 Sara St., Sulphur — theft $500 to $1,500. Bond: $10,000.
• Maisha Nicole Jackson, 30, 2248 Prien Lake Road — four counts of cruelty to juveniles, direct contempt of court, non-moving violation. Bond: $5,600.
• Kyeria Shawntay Thomas, 21, 1725 O’Brien St. — marijuana possession with intent to distribute, criminal mischief. Bond: $5,500.
• Desira Lasha Thomas, 22, 1727 N. Prater St. — marijuana possession with intent to distribute. Bond: $5,000.
• Nelson Lee King, 23, 2528 19th St. — marijuana possession with intent to distribute. Bond: $5,000.
• Christenia Nicole Bean, 27, 3457 Greinwich Blvd. — battery of an officer, disturbing the peace. Bond: $1,000.
• Kevin Michael Dempsey, 47, 3508 St. Luke Lane, Sulphur — two counts of aggravated assault, theft under $500.
• Aaron Paul Fuselier, 35, 252 Andrew Young Road, Sulphur — domestic abuse battery with child endangerment.
• Bryan Joseph Henry, 34, 5361 Pheasant Lane — drug possession with intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia, failure to stop, resisting an officer.
• Mario Jamal Viltz, 33, 2914 1st Ave. — drug possession.