Last Modified: Friday, May 10, 2013 3:00 PM
City police say they caught a robber going back to the scene of the crime.
Dustin Joseph Alexander, 22, 207 Gelpi Drive, was arrested Thursday after he was seen stealing from a car whose owners he had robbed earlier in the night, Deputy Chief Mark Kraus said Friday in a news release.
Kraus said that at around 10:30 p.m. Thursday, a person changing two flat tires on a vehicle on 6th Street, was robbed by a man in a black or gray hoodie riding a bicycle.
The robber told the person, “gimme what you got.” The two struggled before the robber fled on his bike with the victim’s wallet.
An hour later, a patrol officer noticed a bike laying on the ground near the scene, then saw the passenger side of the car open.
The person in the car was wearing a dark gray hoodie, Kraus said.
When police approached, he fled.
With the help of a canine, police apprehended Alexander in a wooded area near 6th Street and had items from the vehicle with him, Kraus said.
Alexander was charged with simple burglary, robbery and theft.
A 37-year-old Lake Charles woman, a convicted felony, has been charged with aggravated assault with a firearm and resisting an officer, city police said.
Deputy Chief Mark Kraus said De’Etta Ellis Reeves, 2011 N. Jake St., was arrested Thursday night after pulling a gun on two people.
“At 9:24 p.m., officers were dispatched to the 1800 block of North Lincoln Street in reference to a gun disturbance,” Kraus said Friday in a news release. “Two victims said De’etta Reeves pulled a handgun on them and fled the scene.”
Kraus said Reeves gave officers a false name and date of birth during the investigation, which lead to the charge of resisting an officer.
Reeves was also charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Bond was set at $102,500.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Treyvon Devonta Humphrey, 17, 2029 See St. — 10 counts of armed robbery. Bond: $865,000.
• Diondra Lashon Jelks, 36, 400 Ravia Road, No. 8, Sulphur — two counts of domestic abuse battery, domestic abuse battery by strangulation, domestic abuse battery with child endangerment, parole violation.
• Jacquez Dvante Humphrey, 17, 686 Dixy Drive — two counts of armed robbery, resisting an officer. Bond: $55,500.
• Shane Thomas Sanders, 25, 5200 Nelson Road, No. 402 — two counts of marijuana possession with intent to distribute, drug possession, illegal carrying a weapon for commission of a crime or in presence of drug, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $50,500.
• Gerald Wayne Fondel, 51, 1426 Cessford St. — theft from an aged or disabled person. Bond: $40,000.
• Charles Lynn Avery, 21, 2217 Green Briar St. — two counts of illegal use of weapon or dangerous instrument. Bond: $7,500.
• Francis Estaville, 36, 6505 Nelson Road, No. 2 — theft $300 to $500, unauthorized use of an access card over $500. Bond: $3,000.
• Johnathan James Charles, 20, 602 N. Goos Blvd. — failure to return or surrender a leased movable. Bond: $2,500.
• Joseph Perry Hollier, 49, 5009 Coopershill Drive, Sulphur — issuing worthless check under $300, first-offense DWI, moving violation. Bond: $1,250.
• Jordan Colby Abraham, 27, 1705 8th Ave. — criminal mischief.