Last Modified: Friday, December 06, 2013 3:19 PM
A 62-year-old Singer man has bee charged with aggravated incest, authorities said.
Beauregard Sheriff Ricky Moses said Joseph A. Fruge has been accused of having inappropriate contact with a female juvenile.
Bond was set at $350,000.
No other information is available at this time.
Sulphur Police Chief Lewis Coats reported that the Pilot Conoco on South Ruth Street, the Valero and Bayou Food Store on Ruth and the Fifth Wheel Conoco on North Beglis Parkway were issued tickets.
“On Nov. 20, our narcotic division worked an underage alcohol sting and found four local businesses where an underage person was able to purchase alcohol,” spokesman Mel Estess said in a news release.
The fine is a $100 fine and/or six months in jail.
“Chief Coats would like to remind businesses of the seriousness of selling alcohol to underage persons and encourages the citizens of Sulphur to not drink and drive,” Estess said. “Let’s all have a safe and enjoyable Christmas with family and friends. May you have a prosperous New Year.”
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Roman Gabriel Levier, 30, 1236 S. Railroad Ave. — three counts of drug possession with intent to distribute. Bond: $180,000.
• Marcy Elizabeth Jones, 24, 1106 Kim St., Sulphur — possession of stolen firearms, simple burglary of an inhabited dwelling, theft over $1,500, theft of a firearm. Bond: $65,000.
• George Richard Jones, 31, 4247 5th Ave., Lot 167 — two counts of drug possession with intent to distribute, drug possession. Bond: $55,000.
• Lyonel Tippy, 55, 517 Louisiana Ave., Apt. B — aggravated battery, home invasion, simple criminal damage to property under $500. Bond: $25,000.
• Geremiah Jamar Eke, 24, 613 Nebraska St. — two counts of drug possession with intent to distribute. Bond: $10,000.
• Courtney Helene Leger, 26, 560 Debra Lane — drug possession, first-offense marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Harry Layne Hooper, 47, 413 Neely Road, Westlake — theft over $1,500, contractor fraud, criminal mischief.
• Kendall John Manuel, 17, 4403 Cougar St. — theft over $1,500.
• Mathew Obryan Howard, 22, 5621 Coral Drive — drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia.
The Cameron Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Chloe Nicole Harris, 17, 2187 E. Gauthier Road — underage DWI, speeding, flight from an officer.
• Eric Linden, 33, 126 Debra Lane, Cameron — DWI, careless operation, suspended license.
• Jeremy Paul Broussard, 41, 857 W. Houston River Road, Sulphur — DWI, synthetic marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, littering.
The Beauregard Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Mathew Chapman, 36, DeRidder — domestic abuse battery. Bond: $10,000.
• Jared Woofter, 24, DeRidder — neglect of family.
• Chance Butler, 35, DeRidder — introducing of contraband into a penal institution.
Those listed are presumed innocent until proved guilty.
Posted By: Sarah Young On: 12/25/2013
Title: Elementary School Teacher/Teacher of the Year...
Scary to know he has been around children for years...
I always want to think the best of others, but something about him didn't seem right. Now I know : ( Praying for that little girl.