Last Modified: Thursday, December 05, 2013 8:58 PM
Judge Ron Ware set bond at $2.06 million for a man who has been arrested numerous times on drug charges, District Attorney’s Office spokeswoman Holly Carter said.
James Patrick Bertrand Jr., 52, 3945 S. Blue Sage Road, was arrested Thursday — 10 days after his last arrest — on charges of cocaine possession, possession of drug paraphernalia and resisting an officer, Lake Charles police said.
When Officers Mark Fontenot and Chris Baudin responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle at the dead end of the 100 block of Kingsley Street, they found Bertrand sitting in the driver’s seat of a 2013 Chevrolet Camaro, said Deputy Chief Mark Kraus. A plastic bag of cocaine was on the center console and a hypodermic needle was on Bertrand’s lap, Kraus said.
Bertrand, the founder of the Just for Jesus rallies in Lake Charles, has been arrested numerous times this year.
He was arrested in November on drug charges, in June on forgery charges, in May on drug charges, twice within a week’s time on drug charges in April, and in January on drug charges.
He was also arrested twice in Texas in late 2012.
A 18-year-old DeQuincy man is facing two counts of sexual battery, according to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center.
Kaylip Allen Mangum was arrested Wednesday afternoon at his home at 212 Groves St.
Bond was set at $300,000.
Mangum was also arrested in June and charged with three counts of creation or operation of a clandestine laboratory.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Mark Allen Tomlinson, 46, 142 Moonlight Drive, Kinder — aggravated flight from an officer, possession of stolen things over $500. Bond: $325,000.
• Tamiok Opelete Gammage, 44, 1209 Giovanni St. — two counts of motor vehicle theft, two counts of issuing worthless checks over $1,500, two counts of issuing worthless checks under $300. Bond: $35,350.
• Dang Phi Nguyen, 44, Slidell — aggravated battery. Bond: $15,000.
• Rosaling Elaine Braxton, 50, 2120 Evergreen Road, E222 — forgery, possession of stolen things. Bond: $7,500.
• Russell Dean Pulliam, 19, Vanvleck, Texas — drug possession, first-offense marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $7,000.
• Jermaine Torino Jordan, 39, 1020 N. Shattuck St. — motor vehicle theft. Bond: $5,000.
• Josiah Bobb, 25, Spring, Texas — possession of stolen things over $1,500. Bond: $5,000.
• Moriah Allington, 18, Spring, Texas — possession of stolen things over $1,500. Bond: $5,000.
• Henry Allen Wicks, 35, Baton Rouge — possession of more than 400 grams of cocaine.
Those listed are presumed innocent until proved guilty.