Last Modified: Monday, December 02, 2013 8:37 PM
DERIDDER — DeRidder police say the First Federal Bank was robbed Tuesday at approximately 2:30 p.m.
Police said the suspect, a white male, handed a teller a note demanding money. After receiving money the suspect left the bank on foot in the area of West Drive.
He is described as approximately 5-foot-8 to 5-10 with a slim build and some facial hair. He was wearing a brown jacket with a hood and baseball style hat.
It is unknown at this time how much money was taken. Video footage is being processed. No one was injured in the incident.
DeRidder police are asking anyone who may have information to contact crime stoppers at 337-462-8918 or the DeRidder police department at 337-462-8911. Detectives James Halbert and Josh Stanford are investigating.
A 52-year-old Lake Charles woman has been charged with attempted second-degree murder and domestic abuse battery, according to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center.
Ivy Renee Anderson, 817 N. Goos Blvd., was arrested early Friday morning at her home.
She was released a short time later after posting a $6,500 bond.
Two Lake Charles men have been charged with failure to register as sex offenders, according to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center.
Mark Wayne Williams, 1709 Harless St., was arrested Friday morning at his home while Glen Robert Parker, 1000 N. Lakeshore Drive, Apt. 111, was arrested Sunday morning on Kirkman Street.
The 54-year-old Williams, who was convicted of sexual battery in 1989, remained in jail Monday on a $3,000 bond. He was also charged with resisting an officer. The 33-year-old Parker, who was convicted of first-degree rape in 2004, was released late Sunday after posting a $6,000 bond.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Austin Dean Pauley, 21, 136 Vincent Drive, Sulphur — four counts of drug possession with intent to distribute. Bond: $85,000.
• Kari Layne Khan, 26, 520 E. LaGrange St., No. 12 — three counts of forgery, theft under $500. Bond: $60,000.
• Michael Anthony Medeiros, 52, 2215 Bank St. — stalking, criminal trespass. Bond: $35,000.
• Lloyd Anthony Higginbotham, 46, 1766 Tall Sky Drive — domestic abuse battery aggravated assault, two counts of domestic abuse battery with child endangerment, drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, obstruction of justice. Bond: $22,000.
• Christopher James Daniels, 24, 7731 Cadillac St., Hayes — aggravated assault, simple battery. Bond: $15,000.
• Devontea Deon Fontenot, 31, 1823 3rd St. — simple burglary of an inhabited dwelling, drug possession with intent to distribute, four counts of drug possession, theft under $500, simple arson, resisting an officer, theft over $500. Bond: $12,500.
• Moses Anthony Figueroa, 19, 2465 La. 397, Lot 85 — domestic abuse battery with child endangerment, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $11,000.
• Marcus Allen Chasson, 35, 704 N. Crocker St., Sulphur — drug possession with intent to distribute, drug possession. Bond: $10,000.
• Keith Romatis Smith, 45, 2701 Warren St., Apt. A — simple burglary of an inhabited dwelling. Bond: $10,000.
• Nicole Michelle Diamond, 39, Beaumont, Texas — illegal possession of stolen things. Bond: $5,000.
• Preston Joseph Robinson, 40, Beaumont, Texas — illegal possession of stolen things over $1,500. Bond: $5,000.
• Jerome Moses Tippy, 56, 333 Mill St., No. 300 — aggravated battery. Bond: $5,000.
• James Anthony Ceasar, 28, 1910 N. Prater St. — unauthorized use of a moveable, simple burglary. Bond: $5,000.
• Corte Edward Leonard, 23, 916 Aberdeen Drive — two counts of drug possession with intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia, two counts of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, drug possession, possession of stolen firearms, possession of stolen things, illegal possession of a weapon during commission of a crime or presence of drugs.
• Paris Albert, 22, 4401 La. 14 — theft $500 to $1,500, battery of an officer, resisting an officer by flight.
• James L. Woods, 40, 529 Oleander Lane, Westlake — simple battery, aggravated battery, public intimidation and retaliation.
• Dallas Everette Welsh II, 32, 1207 Ravia Road, Lot 68, Sulphur — possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Those listed are presumed innocent until proved guilty.
Posted By: Again On: 12/3/2013
Title: A hood and a baseball style hat?
Probably not a white guy.