Last Modified: Thursday, November 07, 2013 2:55 PM
A 46-year-old Lake Charles woman has been charged with 294 counts of forgery and one count of theft over $1,500, authorities said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Kristin D. Brady, 4326 Ihles Road, was arrested Wednesday. Bond was set at $100,000.
Brady, a bookkeeper, has been accused of stealing over $250,000 from her employer.
“The owner said it was discovered that from November 2010 to September 2013 Brady forged (their) signature to cash checks at a local bank,” Myers said Thursday in a news release. “Detectives reviewed surveillance from a local bank which captured Brady cashing the forged checks.”
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Dustin Kent Blanchard, 26, 127 East St., Apt. 13 — simple burglary, theft over $500. Bond: $50,000.
• April Hope Perkins, 28, 1571 Hargrove Loop, DeQuincy — drug possession with intent to distribute, nine counts of possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $45,000.
• Michael Edwards, 59, 1623 Legion St. — drug possession. Bond: $17,500.
• Kelly White, 46, 318 Holland St., Apt. C — third-offense DWI.
• Trelis Lemond Armstrong, 31, 1303 N. Prater St. — aggravated assault, domestic abuse battery, first-offense marijuana possession.
• Tyrell Quinton Woosley, 30, 805 N. Lyons St. — drug possession, possession of stolen things over $1,500.
Those listed are presumed innocent until proved guilty.