Last Modified: Thursday, November 21, 2013 2:54 PM
A 69-year-old DeRidder man has been charged with felony theft after taking money from a local youth athletic organization, authorities said.
Beauregard Parish Sheriff Ricky Moses said James T. Crenshaw was arrested Thursday.
“Crenshaw was charged following an investigation into a report that funds were found missing from a local youth athletic organization that he was involved in,” Moses said in a news release. “Approximately $37,000 was taken over a four-year period.”
Bond was set at $50,000.
A Texas man and woman are in custody following a traffic stop on Interstate 10, according to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center.
Christina Ann Parker and Kenneth Edmond Parker, both 35 and of Channel View, Texas, were stopped by a Westlake police officer late Tuesday night while driving east on I-10.
Kenneth Parker has been charged with two counts of drug possession, illegal carrying of a weapon in presence of drugs, possession of stolen firearms and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond was set at $21,500.
Christina Parker has been charged with possession of 28 to 200 grams of methamphetamine, two counts of drug possession, illegal carrying of a weapon in presence of drugs, possession of stolen firearms, possession of drug paraphernalia, driving with a suspended license, speeding and driving on a roadway laned for traffic. Bond was set at $24,800.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Billy Ray Alex, 46, 2000 3rd Ave. — car jacking, theft under $500. Bond: $10,000.
• Jasmine LaShawn Carroll, 20, 1704 Douglas St. — drug possession. Bond: $5,000.
• John Elton Nelson, 25, 125 Moss St. — two counts of criminal trespass, no seat belt.
• Tyler Gene Trahan, 21, 2417 Green Briar St. — illegal use of weapons, drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia.
The Beauregard Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Adam Salinas, 32, Ragley — simple battery. Bond: $20,000.
• Terry Smith, 47, Merryville — drug possession. Bond: $17,500.
• Lisa Smith, 47, Merryville — drug possession. Bond: $17,500.
• James Burnett, 29, Singer — simple battery. Bond: $10,000.
• Jessica Steward, 27, DeRidder — drug possession. Bond: $10,000.
• Robert Bebee, 20, DeRidder — reckless operation, resisting an officer, flight using a motor vehicle, contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile.
Arthur Prater, 22, DeRidder — failure to pay child support.
Those listed are presumed innocent until proved guilty.