Last Modified: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 3:08 PM
A 38-year-old Iowa man has been charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a firearm, according to records from the Calcasieu Correction Center.
George A. Soileau Jr., 7018 Bowman Road, was arrested Tuesday afternoon near his home.
Soileau was also charged with two counts of intimidating, impeding or injuring witnesses or officers.
Bond was set at $300,000.
A 41-year-old Lake Charles man had an infant with him when he was arrested for fourth-offense DWI, authorities said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Jeffrey Wayne Hebert was arrested Tuesday night while driving on Bronco Circle in Moss Bluff.
“Deputies observed a vehicle drive erratically and strike a curb,” Myers said. “Deputies discovered a 1-month-old child inside the vehicle. When questioned by deputies, Hebert said he had consumed numerous prescription pills throughout the day.”
Hebert, who has three DWI arrests since 2002, was charged with careless operation, driving with a suspended license and child endangerment.
Bond was pending.
A 40-year-old Lake Charles woman is facing a long list of drug charges following her arrest on Tuesday.
According to records from the Calcasieu Correction Center, Melanie Michelle Barber was arrested at her home at 584 Rollins Road.
Barber has been charged with 35 counts of creation or operation of a clandestine laboratory, three counts of drug possession with intent to distribute, five counts of drug possession, two counts of first-offense marijuana possession, three counts of possession of drug paraphernalia and one count of resisting an officer by refusal to show ID.
Bond was pending.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Sean Michael Habetz, 18, 414 Barbara Hill Drive, Ragley — second-degree battery, misdemeanor hate crime. Bond: $60,000.
• Brock Robert Bleasdell-Bentley, 18, Redding, Calif. — marijuana possession with intent to distribute, speeding. Bond: $50,250.
• Brian Lee Bentley, 51, Redding, Calif. — marijuana possession with intent to distribute. Bond: $50,000.
• Jared Lee Adams, 30, 730 Broussard St., Sulphur — cruelty to juveniles. Bond: $25,000.
• Kevin Wayne Gibson, 47, 2725 Mary St. — theft $500 to $1,500, three counts of theft under $500, criminal trespass. Bond: $24,000.
• Delwin James Lewis, 39, 3613 McKinely St. — drug possession, first-offense marijuana possession, obstructing a public passage. Bond: $6,000.
• Michael Ray Gales, 33, Orange, Texas — marijuana possession with intent to distribute, drug possession. Bond: $5,000.
• Scarlett Rachel Townsend, 30, 2529 Santa Rosa Road — drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $5,000.
• Willie Ray Reese Jr., 38, 7693 Lacassine Ave., Hayes — failure to register as a sex offender. Bond: $5,000.
• Robert P. Coontz, 58, 2683 N. Claiborne St., Sulphur — four counts of possession of a firearm in presence of drugs, drug possession with intent to distribute, five counts of drug possession, first-offense marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Gilbert Joseph Jackson, 26, 1708 Woodring St. — resisting an officer, possession of stolen items over $1,500, aggravated flight from an officer, careless operation.
Sulphur police reported the following arrests:
• Christy Lynn Meche, 27, North Post Oak Road, Sulphur — theft, remaining after being forbidden.
• Christian Edward Hendricks, 36, East Kent Street, Sulphur — theft.
Those listed are presumed innocent until proved guilty.