Last Modified: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 5:33 PM
A 54-year-old Lake Charles man with a history of violence is in custody after allegedly forcing his way into a woman’s home and attempting to stab her, authorities said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Larry William Loya was arrested early Tuesday morning.
“At 11:45 p.m. Monday, deputies observed a female running down the street screaming for help,” Myers said. “The woman said Loya, an acquaintance, forced his way into her home armed with a large kitchen knife.
“Once inside, Loya pushed the victim to the ground, struck her several times in the face and attempted to stab her as she fled.”
Loya has been charged with attempted second-degree murder, aggravated assault, home invasion and simple criminal damage to property $500 to $50,000.
Judge Michael Canaday set Loya’s bond at $775,000.
Myers said Loya was convicted of forcible rape in 1987 and aggravated second--degree battery on 2011.
Sr. Cpl. Cade Doucet and Deputy Quintin Fontenot were the arresting deputies.
A 23-year-old Grand Lake man has been charged with failure to register as a sex offender.
According to records from the Cameron Parish Sheriff’s Office, Joshua Lee Fahlenkamp was arrested on Nov. 7.
Fahlenkamp, 207 Hebert Trailer Park Road, Lot 12, was charged with simple rape in 2011. At the time, Calcasieu Sheriff deputies said Fahlenkamp admitted to raping a 13-year-old female.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Christopher Paul Guidry, 36, 2310 Fitzenreiter Road — three counts of drug possession with intent to distribute, drug possession, first-offense marijuana possession. Bond: $225,000.
• Kenneth Ronn Simien, 34, George Street, Opelousas — possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. Bond: $150,000.
• Kirk Anthony Bailly, 44, 4221 US 90 West, Vinton — two counts of drug possession with intent to distribute. Bond: $105,000.
• Dominic Jamar Plumber, 25, 1616 2nd St. — aggravated burglary. Bond: $100,000.
• Justin Jamar Duncan, 25, 2402 E. Mills St. — drug possession, first-offense marijuana possession, carrying of weapons in presence of dugs, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. Bond: $80,000.
• Davelle Deonne Burnett, 19, 2960 Lake St., Lot 265 — simple burglary, theft over $500. Bond: $75,000.
• Mark Shane Fontenot, 35, 2208 Tuna Lane — domestic abuse battery with child endangerment, probation violation. Bond: $10,000.
• Diana Lantz Hall, 58, 205 Quelqueshue St., Sulphur — theft over $1,500. Bond: $5,000.
• Raymond Mathew Floyd III, 22, 4434 Pleasant Drive — possession of stolen things, probation violation. Bond: $5,000.
• Garrett Lee Berlin, 19, 3782 Kelly Road — drug possession, first-offense marijuana possession. Bond: $5,000.
• Robert John Broussard, 30, 2616 Glenlea St. — domestic abuse battery with child endangerment, cruelty to juveniles.
• Bobby Lee Saichroen Jr., 18, 187 Pecanwood Drive — drug possession, first-offense marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Donald James, 19, Houston — drug possession with intent to distribute.
The Cameron Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Robert Seat, 60, 116 Bell St., Cameron — drug possession, DWI, careless operation, open-container violation, possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Barrett McFarlain, 22, 7148 Debbie Lane Road — possession of synthetic marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, suspended license, no insurance, no registration, speeding, switched license plate.
Those listed are presumed innocent until proved guilty.