Last Modified: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 11:17 AM
A 20-year-old Lake Charles man is facing a host of charges, including attempted second-degree murder, following his arrest Sunday afternoon.
According to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center, Timothy Allen Joseph was arrested by city police at a home at 1600 Mitchell St.
Joseph, 4123 Worthy Drive, was also charged with simple burglary, theft $500 to $1,500, illegal use of weapons or dangerous instruments, driving with a suspended license and failure to signal.
Bond was pending.
A 18-year-old Sulphur man has been charged with failure to register as a sex offender.
According to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center, Matthew Ryan Jouett was arrested Friday morning near the intersection of North Claiborne and West Burton streets.
Jouett, 3524 U.S. 90 West, was convicted of indecent behavior with a juvenile on Oct. 29, 2012.
Bond was set at $10,000.
A 38-year-old Lake Charles woman has been charged with cruelty to juveniles
According to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center, Jamie Allison Gardner was arrested Saturday night at a local hospital.
Gardner, 3126 2nd Ave., was released Sunday night after posting a $25,000 bond.
City police are investigating a string of daytime burglaries in the area of Tulip and Rose streets.
Deputy Chief Mark Kraus said the suspects are breaking in back doors or going in through window unit openings.
Kraus said the number of cases under investigation won't be released until after a meeting on Tuesday.
Chief Don Dixon said that “pro-active measures are in place; however, nothing works better than neighbors watching out for each other. Report any suspicious activity to law enforcement immediately.”
If you have any information regarding these cases, contact city police at 337-491-1311 or Crime Stoppers at 337-439-2222.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Joshua Mitchell Prince, 32, 1020 W. McNeese St. — drug possession with intent to distribute, drug possession, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, first-offense illegal carrying of a weapon, possession of drug paraphernalia, no driver’s license, moving violation. Bond: $98,500.
• Jesse William Spearing, 30, 2831 Smith Ferry Road, Westlake — false personation of a peace officer, three counts of direct contempt of court. Bond: $81,000.
• Ashley Elizabeth Witsman, 43, 1541 W. Burton St., Sulphur — drug possession with intent to distribute. Bond: $50,000.
• Luis Rangel-Barajas, 27, Baytown, Texas — injuring public records. Bond: $25,000.
• Linda Stephens Smith, 51, 1207 Sunset St., Lot 13, Sulphur — forgery. Bond: $25,000.
• Kenneth Wayne Ashley, 42, 628 Huey P Long Road, Ville Platte — drug possession, illegal carrying of a weapon during commission of a crime or presence of drugs, first-offense marijuana possession, failure to signal, non-moving violation. Bond: $22,500.
• Joseph Mose III, 33, 1902 N. Prater St. — drug possession, misrepresentation during booking, direct contempt of court. Bond: $21,500.
• Clifford P. Lewis, 52, 1806 8th Ave. — drug possession. Bond: $20,000.
• David Wayne Spell, 22, 3821 Venable Drive, Westlake — two counts of aggravated assault, simple criminal damage to property $500 to $50,000, domestic abuse battery, failure to stop, careless operation, flight from an officer, resisting an officer. Bond: $18,500.
• Trevionne Jadon Wright, 20, 1121 2nd Ave. — drug possession, resisting an officer, aggravated flight from an officer, hit and run driving, reckless operation, no driver’s license, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. Bond: $16,250.
• Jose Luis Aceituno, 27, Galveston, Texas — three counts of drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $15,500.
• Krista Wilson Lognion, 31, 309 Morningside Drive — two counts of drug possession. Bond: $15,000.
• William Frank Melancon, 38, 3013 General Wainwright Drive — drug possession with intent to distribute, obstruction of justice, simple criminal damage to property $500 to $50,000, driving with a suspended license, careless operation, possession of drug paraphernalia, no insurance. Bond: $14,250.
• Kristi Alford Miller, 34, 537 Caswell St., Bogalusa — three counts of theft $500 to $1,500, three counts of fraudulent acquisition of a credit card, two counts of criminal conspiracy, illegal possession of stolen things over $1,500. Bond: $12,000.
• John Carroll Comeaux, 38, 423 Peake St. — drug possession, alcohol possession in a motor vehicle, littering, moving violation. Bond: $10,500.
• George Jerome Hadnot, 32, 1113 Belair St., Westlake — drug possession, criminal trespass. Bond: $10,000.
• Kevin Ray Howard, 46, 721 Craft St. — criminal trespass, theft under $500, disturbing the peace. Bond: $7,500.
• Cameron Kyle Westney, 23, 1848 W. Dave Dugas Road, Sulphur — illgeal carrying of weapons in presence of drugs, first-offense marijuana possession, two non-moving violations. Bond: $6,350.
• Kody Ladelle Ardoin, 17, 3401 Davis Road, Westlake — simple burglary of an inhabited dwelling, theft over $500. Bond: $6,000.
• Brent Allen Touchet, 36, 3149 Davis Road, Westlake — drug possession, reckless operation, driving with a suspended license, four counts of possession of drug paraphernalia, noise ordinance. Bond: $5,750.
• George Earl White, 65, 2900 E. Broad St. — theft of assets of an aged or disabled person. Bond: $5,000.
• Casey Grant Arceneaux, 28, 2042 4th Ave. — theft over $500. Bond: $5,000.
• Tajjell Moniquise Humphrey, 31, 2133 Cline St. — five counts of simple burglary, theft of a firearm, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
• Marlon Lamar Guillory, 24, 1504 Sunset Drive — simple burglary, probation violation.
• Adam Joseph Arnold, 30, 1328 Patch St., Sulphur — aggravated assault, simple criminal damage to property $500 to $50,000, resisting an officer.
Those listed are presumed innocent until proved guilty.