Cindy Lee Brakeman and Zachery Kane Vezina. (Special to the American Press)
Last Modified: Monday, October 28, 2013 3:53 PM
A 35-year-old Lake Charles man has been charged with fourth-offense DWI, careless operation and failure to install an ignition interlock device, authorizes said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Zachery Kane Vezina, 219 Cobb Road, was arrested late Saturday night after crashing his truck into an utility pole near the intersection of Dobbertine and Leger roads.
“After Vezina performed poorly on the field sobriety test, he was arrested and transferred to (our) office,” Myers said Monday in a news release. “He then refused to submit to a breath intoxilyzer test.”
Myers said Vezina, who has four DWI arrests since 2008, is required to have an ignition interlock device in his vehicle.
“When questioned by deputies, Vezina advised he never had the device installed,” Myers said.
Bond was set at $26,000.
A 20-year-old DeQuincy woman is in custody after allegedly having sex with a 15-year-old boy, authorities said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Cindy Lee Brakeman, 1600 W. Fourth St., was arrested Saturday morning and has been charged with carnal knowledge of a juvenile and indecent behavior with a juvenile.
“Deputies were dispatched to a DeQuincy convenience store in reference to a disturbance,” Myers said Monday in a news release. “Deputies were advised a 15-year-old boy and an older woman were engaged in sexual activity in the back seat of a truck while a 14-year-old boy sat in the front seat.”
Bond was set at $150,000.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Johnathon Pryor Riley, 28, 2517 Stingray Drive — possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, drug possession, three counts of possession of stolen things over $500, probation violation. Bond: $201,500.
• Gerald Wayne Fondel, 51, 1426 Cessford St. — theft of assets of an aged or disabled person. Bond: $40,000.
• Kato Jamal Harrison, 24, 1219 N. Simmons St. — first-offense DWI, aggravated flight from an officer, speeding, suspended license. Bond: $40,000.
• Brittany Morgan Roy, 26 — five counts of drug possession with intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $30,000.
• Gregory Todd Smith, 39, 4707 Jim Drake Road, Starks — possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, non-moving violation. Bond: $25,100.
• Kristi Dawn Jernigan, 29, 5026 Maplewood Drive, Sulphur — forgery. Bond: $25,000.
• Candace Faye Deshotel, 42, 2504 Elm St. — four counts of bank fraud, eight counts of monetary instrument abuse. Bond: $12,000.
• Dennis Lee Daniel Sr., 54, 522 Holmes St. — domestic abuse battery. Bond: $10,000.
• Glen Paul Verkler, 24, 1707 Broadmoor Drive — drug possession with intent to distribute, second-offense marijuana possession, non-moving violation. Bond: $6,600.
• Harold Petetan, 54, 1520 13th St. — marijuana possession with intent to distribute, resisting an officer, domestic abuse battery, simple criminal damage to property under $500. Bond: $5,500.
• Anisha Betty McClinton, 19, 1623 Gieffers St. — underage DUI.
• Ivory W. Durgan Jr., 20, 2110 Mill St. — possession of firearm with obliterated serial number, flight from an officer, criminal trespass.
Those listed are presumed innocent until proved guilty.
Posted By: stacy woodard On: 10/31/2013
I think there is a miscount
Posted By: Dennis On: 10/28/2013
Title: DeQuincy woman charged with carnal knowledge
The law is going way too far. This young lady is only a kid herself and I promise you she did not rape that 15 year. What a shame that this girl will have to wear a sex offenders sign on her for the rest of her life. She really should get a metal cuz I'm sure that the boy had a smile on his face.