Last Modified: Thursday, October 24, 2013 7:07 PM
Three Southwest Louisiana residents are facing drug charges, according to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center.
Michelle Adele Romero, 21, Kimberly Irene Brister, 29, and David Lamar Dukes, 36, were arrested by the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office Wednesday night at a home on Edith Street.
Romero, 1334 Mitchell St., DeQuincy, was charged with drug possession.
Brister, 1347 Edith St., was charged with two counts of drug possession and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Dukes, 1347 Edith St., was charged with drug possession with intent to distribute.
Bond was pending for all three.
BATON ROUGE — A Basile man pleaded guilty to state criminal environmental charges in 13th Judicial District Court in Ville Platte, state Department of Environmental Quality officials said Thursday.
TLeroy Hardy, 70, pleaded guilty to one felony count of disposing of a substance that could endanger human life and health. He was sentenced to five years’ supervised probation and was fined $1,000. Hardy was also ordered to clean up the property and pay $960 to DEQ for the cost of the investigation.
On March 8, Basile police responded to a tire-burning complaint at Hardy’s residence, at 2348 Guillory St., near the Basile Headstart Child Care Center
They forwarded their findings to DEQ, leading to Hardy’s arrest.
Hardy was previously cited in a compliance order issued by DEQ in March 2012 for similar violations that occurred at his residence twice in 2011.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Marcus Dajhon O’Brien, 23, 602 N. Booker St. — simple burglary, theft $500 to $1,500, resisting an officer, public intimidation and retaliation, weapons charge. Bond: $25,000.
• Lois Marie Clement, 33, 113 E. Mimosa Drive, Sulphur — theft $500 to $1,500. Bond: $25,000.
• Marquinn Quashawn Solomon, 21, 621 Mill St. — two counts of aggravated battery. Bond: $20,000.
• Jermaine Christopher O’Brien, 30, 409 N. Simmons St. — unauthorized entry of an inhabited dwelling. Bond: $20,000.
• Kevin Jamal Dugas, 28, 2219 Cline St. — simple robbery. Bond: $10,000.
• Derricka Deshawn Ryans, 18, 4316 Duke St., Westlake — theft $500 to $1,500, theft under $500, drug possession, drug possession in a drug-free zone. Bond: $5,500.
• Joseph Alcid Stutes IV, 39, 1558 Carl Lyons Road, Sulphur — simple arson, simple criminal damage to property under $500.
• Carole Wendell Stanley Jr., 47, 1753 Meadowlark Lane, Vinton — firearm possession by convicted felon, illegal use of a weapon.
• Jamie Lee Brady, 21, 2260 W. Prien Lake Road — second-offense marijuana possession.
Those listed are presumed innocent until proved guilty.