Last Modified: Monday, October 21, 2013 12:12 PM
A 32-year-old Sulphur man has been charged with cruelty to a juvenile for the second time in a little more than a year, authorities said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Brandon Lee Sullivan, 309 Vincent Lane, was arrested Friday night.
“Deputies responded to a complaint from the Department of Children and Family Services regarding Sullivan physically abusing a (young) family member,” Myers said Monday in a news release. “Deputies learned Sullivan struck the victim with his hand, causing numerous bruises on his lower back and buttocks. When questioned by detectives, Sullivan confirmed the allegations.”
Sullivan was released on Saturday after posting a $2,000 bond.
Myers said Sullivan was arrested Sept. 6, 2012 after being accused of “using duct tape to tie up a (young) family member’s hands, wrists, ankles, and also put duct tape around the victim’s head.”
He as released Jan. 16 after posting a $3,500, Myers said.
A 17-year-old Lake Charles man has been charged with aggravated kidnapping, home invasion and armed robbery, according to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center.
Nicholas Irvin Broussard, 2010 Vitto St.,was arrested Sunday by the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office.
Bond was set at $105,000.
A 30-year-old Lake Charles man is facing two charges of third-offense DWI, according to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center.
Derrick Anthony Hayes was arrested Friday night at his home at 6336 E. Opelousas Street, Apt. B.
Hayes remained in jail Monday on a $25,000 bond.
A 19-year-old DeQuincy man is facing numerous theft and burglary charges, according to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center.
Jaylin Scott Love was arrested Saturday night at the Recovery Missionat 1100 Bayou Maria Road in Pineville.
Love, 217 Kelly St., has been charged with four counts of simple burglary, two counts of theft under $500 and simple criminal damage to property under $500.
Bond was set at $195,500.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Raymond Augusto Ross Jr., 19, 1504 11th St. — theft over $1,500, simple burglary of an inhabited dwelling. Bond: $85,000.
• Brent Allen Touchet, 36, 3149 David Road, Westlake — four counts of criminal damage to coin-operated devices, four counts of simple burglary, four counts of theft over $500. Bond: $80,000.
• Huey Brently Perry, 55, 317 E. Brimstone St., Sulphur — two counts of bank fraud, two counts theft over $1,500, two counts of forgery. Bond: $46,000.
• Darrien Lamonet Rogers, 18, 1520 O’Brien St. — four counts of simple burglary. Bond: $20,000.
• Elvin Joseph, 21, 1601 2nd St. — simple burglary of an inhabited dwelling, theft under $500. Bond: $15,000.
• Ina Joy Ortego, 32, 4022 Sherry St., Lot 48, Sulphur — four counts of drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $10,000.
• Joseph Chad Tucker, 34, 750 Pearl St., Sulphur — drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $10,000.
• Jacob Layne Hastings, 25, 7114 Corbina Road — simple burglary on an inhabited dwelling, theft over $1,500. Bond: $5,000.
• Angela Renee McArthur, 30, Orange, Texas — drug possession with intent to distribute. Bond: $5,000.
• Dang Phi Nguyen, 44, 659 Hailey Ave., Slidell — simple battery, disturbing the peace. Bond: $5,000.
• Cedrick Lynn John, 44, 2103 Griffin St. — drug possession, third-offense possession of drug paraphernalia, criminal trespass. Bond: $5,000.
• Chase Ryan Thacker, 22, 2971 La. 3059, Lot 39 — simple burglary of an inhabited dwelling, illegal carrying of weapons or tools. Bond: $5,000.
• Stephen Green, 34, 512 Dunnehoo, Reeves — third-offense DWI, careless operation, speeding.
• Herman Jones Jr., 51, 1029 Deesport St. — drug possession.
• Michele Ruth Elliot, 19, 4200 Maplewood Drive, Apt. 309, Sulphur — two counts of drug possession, drug use in presence of juveniles, obstruction of justice, possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Zachary Ryan Droddy, 25, 4200 Maplewood Drive, Sulphur — two counts of drug possession, drug use in presence of juveniles, possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Aaron James Cupit, 21, 1232 Georgia St., Sulphur — drug possession, first-offense marijuana possession.
• Gregory Earle Fontenot, 22, 6675 U.S. 90 East — two counts of drug possession, obstruction of justice, urinating in a public place.
• Mahogany Chermaine Maxwell, 26, 2100 Martha St. — second-degree battery, two counts of drug possession.
Those listed are presumed innocent until proved guilty.