Advertisement

American Press

Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Southwest Louisiana ,
| Share |

Chalmette men accused of failing to report apparent overdose

Last Modified: Monday, February 04, 2013 9:45 PM

CHALMETTE (AP) — St. Bernard Parish Sheriff James Pohlmann says two men have been booked with negligent homicide for failing to call an ambulance for a man who came to their home suffering an apparent overdose and died while they slept.

Pohlmann said Monday that bond has been set at $65,000 for 22-year-old Andrew Brady and $50,000 for 52-year-old Gregg Sampson. They were arrested Jan. 31 in the Dec. 10 death. The dead man's name was not released.

Pohlmann says that instead of reporting the apparent overdose, they put the man into a shower to try to revive him, then put him on a couch and went to sleep.

The sheriff says they called authorities after Brady found him not breathing.

Pohlmann says they should have called earlier and watched over the man.

Comment on this article

captcha 0b68f11d7c254902b844f869788cdf2b




Get Social With Us!

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Mobile
  • Feed
Advertisement

Copyright © 2014 American Press

Privacy Policies: American Press