Last Modified: Saturday, September 14, 2013 12:55 PM
Several Calcasieu Parish libraries will host free information sessions on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and upcoming health care reform.
“As we approach the Affordable Care Act open enrollment, we anticipate a demand in patron requests for information,” said Pamela Edwards, associate librarian for public services.
“We are taking a proactive approach in working with certified organizations which can provide information, answer questions and guide patrons through the application process.”
Blue Cross Blue Shield representative Darren Whitaker will discuss the insurance marketplace, Medicaid and CHIP at the following libraries:
• Sept. 17: 5 p.m., Iowa Library, 107 E. First St., 721-7101.
• Sept. 24: 6 p.m., Moss Bluff Library, 261 Parish Road, 721-7128.
• Sept. 25: 11 a.m., Central Library, 301 W. Claude St., 721-7118.
• Sept. 26: 6 p.m., Sulphur Regional Library, 1160 Cypress St., 721-7141.
Louisiana Healthcare Education Coalition representatives will hold sessions at the following branches:
• Sept. 16: 9:30 a.m., Fontenot Memorial Library, 1402 Center St., Vinton, 721-7095.
• Sept. 17: 5:30 p.m., Central Library, 301 W. Claude St., 721-7118.
• Online: http://calcasieulibrary.org.