Authorities are asking for the public’s help in identifying this man, who is a suspect in four armed robberies in the area. City police said the man has been described as being black with a dark complexion, 6-foot to 6-3 and 170 to 200 pounds with a slim build. He has been seen wearing red and blue hoodies, shorts and black Nike shoes.
Last Modified: Monday, June 03, 2013 6:02 PM
City police are looking for a man who is the suspect in four armed robberies in the area.
Deputy Chief Mark Kraus said the man has been described as being black with a dark complexion, 6-foot to 6-3 and 170 to 200 pounds with a slim build. He has been seen wearing red and blue hoodies, shorts and black Nike shoes.
“The suspect is armed with a black old-model revolver with a long barrel,” Kraus said. “The suspect could be driving a small, white four-door vehicle with tinted windows, possible a Mitsubishi Mirage.”
Anyone with information regarding the suspect can contact the Lake Charles Police Department at 337-491-1311.
A Jennings man was arrested early Sunday after robbing a man at knife point, authorities said.
Larry Provost Jr., 45, was charged with one count of armed robbery after he allegedly held a knife to a man's throat and took cash, his driver's license and a cell phone from the victim.
Two other females in the home were not injured, Deputy Chief Danny Semmes said.
The victims told police they were inside a residence at the corner of Hobart and Sheridan streets around 2:50 a.m. Sunday when they heard a loud noise from the rear of the residence and a black male in a muscle shirt and shorts entered the room with a knife.
The man pushed the victim to a corner, held a knife at his throat and demanded money, Semmes said.
The man and two females inside the home were allowed to leave the residence after the robbery occurred, he said.
The victims called police and flagged officers down, he said.
They told police the man was still inside the residence. The backdoor had been kicked in, Semmes said.
Officers found a man fitting the suspect's description still inside the home where he was arrested and booked into the Jefferson Davis Parish Jail.
A Lake Charles man and woman have been charged with simple burglary after breaking into a home on First Avenue, city police said.
Deputy Chief Mark Kraus said Logan Vitalin Richard, 408 N. Lyons St., and Antionette Deshay Celestine, 423 N. Lyons St., were arrested on Friday.
Bond for Richard, 18, was set at $2,500. Bond for Celestine, 21, was set at $2,500.
One person with charged with DWI and 13 tickets were written during a checkpoint by the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office.
Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said the DWI and seat belt checkpoint was held Friday at the 3300 block of Old Spanish Trail in Westlake.
Myers said the following citations were issued: one for no seat belt, two for expired inspection sticker, one for expired license plate, one for driving under suspension, one for no proof of insurance, two for possession of marijuana, for open container, two for possession of drug paraphernalia and one for drug possession in presence of a minor.
State police and the Lake Charles Police Department also participated in the checkpoint.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Wilbert Deone McDonald, 37, 2908 General Mitchell Ave. — extortion. Bond: $50,000.
• Travis James Soileau, 37, 629 Rozas Road, Eunice — three counts of drug possession with intent to distribute. Bond: $30,000.
• Amanda Marie Thomas, 28, 3200 Westwood Road, No. 2, Westlake — two counts of drug possession, first-offense marijuana possession, drug use in presence of minor. Bond: $14,000.
• Tiffany Lynn Breaux, 20, 2899 Sugarloaf Lane, No. 23 — attempted theft under $300, two counts of direct contempt of court. Bond: $10,000.
• Bryan Keith Fitzhugh, 46, 2711 Emily St., Sulphur — simple burglary, encouraging or contributing to child delinquency. Bond: $10,000.
• Roderick Myrin Vandyke, 48, 724 12th St. — simple battery, resisting an officer, public intimidation and retaliation. Bond: $7,000.
• Glenn Allen Duhon, 30, 1451 John Belle Road — two counts of resisting an officer, obstruction of justice, drug possession with intent to distribute, resisting an office by flight, simple criminal damage to property $500 to $50,000, moving violation, non-moving violation. Bond: $7,000.
• Jasmine LaShawn Carroll, 20, 1704 Douglas St. — aggravated battery, simple battery. Bond: $6,500.
• Christopher Todd Wimberly, 45, 909 Northern Meadows Drive, No. 86 — aggravated arson, simple criminal damage to property under $500. Bond: $6,000.
• Brady Scott Choate, 22, 230 Louise St., DeQuincy — second-degree battery. Bond: $3,500.
• David Keith Denver, 56, 3282 Vincent Road — first-offense DWI, two counts of drug possession. Bond: $3,000.
• Darion Jermaine Thompson, 18, 412 N. Lyons St. — first-offense marijuana possession, switched license plate, driving with a suspended license, no insurance, no registration, weapons charge, public intimidation and retaliation. Bond: $2,600.
• Zachary Seth Viator, 20, 1304 Tan Tara Circle — drug possession, first-offense marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $2,500.
• Adam Joseph Arnold, 30, 1328 Patch St., Sulphur — domestic abuse battery by strangulation. Bond: $2,500.
• Charles Damian Cole, 33, 1909 14th St. — second-offense DWI, open container violation, disturbing the peace, moving violation. Bond: $2,350.
• Natasha Marie Brooks, 26, 309 Gros Road, Sulphur — driving with a suspended license, first-offense marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, drug use in presence of minor, failure to use proper child restrain restraint system. Bond: $2,300.
• Nicholas R. Datenhoff, 24, 1197 Whippoorwill Drive — resisting arrest and interfering with an officer, driving with a suspended license, non-moving violation. Bond: $2,100.
• Dustin Ray Tubbs, 31, 2229 Delta Drive, Vinton — domestic abuse battery. Bond: $2,000.
• Damion Andrew Batiste, 28, 1844 Rena St. — domestic abuse battery, simple battery. Bond: $2,000.
• Keith Evan Brown, 50, 221 Orange St., DeQuincy — first-offense DWI, two counts of drug possession, obstruction of a public passage. Bond: $2,000.
• Kimberly Ann Richard, 37, 6859 Tom Hebert Road, No. 364 — drug possession with intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $2,000.
• Marlon Markel Lambert, 18, 4401 5th Ave., No. 59 — theft over $500. Bond: $1,500.
• Nathaniel James Lede, 19, 335 Dobbertine Road — possession of stolen property over $500. Bond: $1,500.
• Darryl Lee Johnson, 56, 2024 Woodring St. — theft $500 to $1,500, resisting an officer. Bond: $1,500.
• Michael Scott Hale, 25, 1025 Audubon St. — two counts of disturbing the peace, entry on or remaining after being forbidden. Bond: $1,500.
• Richard William Benoit, 24, 2833 Bordelon Road — expired inspection sticker, driving with a suspended license, first-offense marijuana possession. Bond: $1,100.
• Clyde Edwin Dove, 54, 682 Browns Lane, Pickering — refusal to submit to chemical tests and DWI; open container violation, obedience to police officers and traffic signs. Bond: $1,100.
• Brian Oneal Williams, 40, 400 Ramoin St., No. 22, Sulphur — second-offense marijuana possession. Bond: $1,000.
• Harold Lynn Archfield, 45, 321 11th St. — domestic abuse battery.
• Michael Joseph Dill, 27, 513 Julius St. — fourth-offense DWI, careless operation.
• John Brian Cathey, 34, 411 Hodges St. — second-offense DWI.
• Kevin James Bartie, 39, 1726 8th Ave. — drug possession with intent to distribute.
• James Ronald Townley, 49, 4032 Ellis St. — simple burglary, theft $500 to $1,500, simple criminal damage to property under $500.
• Alexander Demarcus Goodley, 19, 1605 Clover Drive — attempted theft under $300, simple criminal damage to property under $500.
• Christopher Lee Davis, 25, 3009 S. General Wainwright Drive — drug possession, direct contempt of court.
• Robert Charles McCarver, 38, 2910 4th Ave. — third-offense possession of drug paraphernalia.