Last Modified: Friday, December 14, 2012 10:20 PM
Eleven people arrested in a child support sting this week owed between $3,400 and $72,500, according to figures released by the state Department of Children and Family Services.
The American Press filed a public records request Friday for the names and arrest warrants of the 11 with the Lake Charles Child Enforcement Office, which conducted the raid.
Eighteen people delinquent on child support were picked up and given a chance to pay what they owed Tuesday, according to a news release from Wendy Daigle, program operations manager, with the family services department.
A total of $28,000 was collected and 10 men and one woman were arrested, Daigle said.
Trey Williams, a department spokesmen, released the names and arrest warrants Friday in response to the newspaper’s request.
Eight of the 11 were given jail sentences ranging from 30 to 60 days, according to the warrants. Twenty-five of 140 outstanding arrest warrants and bench warrants were cleared, Daigle said.
The subjects of the 140 warrants owed a combined $2.4 million in back child support, she said.
The 11 arrested, along with the amounts they owe and their sentences:
• David Lasally Battle, 41, 1535 N. Grace St.; $25,559.37; 60 days in jail.
• Robert Clemons, 61, 3103 Eighth St.; $14,654.80; 60 days in jail.
• Craig Ryan Cuniff, 37, 2509 Santa Rosa Road; $28,727.68; 60 days in jail.
• Charles Dwayne Dean, 30, 317 Brammer Lane; $19,124.01; 45 days in jail.
• Brazle Joseph Evans, 48, 1712 Pear St.; $17,885.12; ordered to appear in court.
• James Allen Henry, 32, 1103 E. School St.; $3,446.48; ordered to appear in court.
• Albert Bryan May, 38, 3029 Rene St.; $12,176.78; 60 days in jail.
• Leon Oneal O’Quinn, 53, 2141 Country Club Road; $72,517.96; 60 days in jail.
• Rachel Dawn Plaster, 31, 1741 Hodges St.; $13,476.82; 60 days in jail.
• Curtis Paul Ross, 37, 690 W. McNeese St.; $29,776.82 30 days in jail.
• David Smith, 51, 2010 Patton St., Sulphur; $35,111.10; ordered to appear in court.