Advertisement

American Press

Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Southwest Louisiana ,

2 kids burned by drink at buffet are released from hospital

Last Modified: Monday, March 20, 2017 12:47 PM

By The Associated Press

LANCASTER, Pa. -- Officials say two children severely sickened after drinking what they believed to be apple juice at a Chinese buffet have been released from a Pennsylvania hospital.

The 10-year-old boy and 4-year-old girl were taken March 3 to Penn State Hershey Medical Center after their mouths and throats were burned at the Star Buffet & Grill in East Lampeter Township near Lancaster.

Hospital officials said the boy was treated and released, and the girl was in good condition Friday. On Sunday, a spokeswoman said she was no longer listed as a patient.

Police said Department of Agriculture tests indicated that the store-bought juice wasn't the cause of their injuries.

The department referred questions to police, who haven't commented further. Authorities have since closed the restaurant, citing possible building code violations.

Comment on this article

captcha ef439e060c284fdb94bbb6921eba847e



Copyright © 2017 American Press

Privacy Policies: American Press